Monday, March 21, 2011

A holiday dish (Lamb Kleftiko) and a holiday notice


Lamb Kleftiko. So darned good!
No, don't worry. You've not got a bad link. This great recipe is moments away, right here

I'm gradually transferring all my Blighty recipes to a new blog called The Errant Sock. As well as slow cooker recipes, you'll get lots of other conventional recipes with lots designed to avoid common allergens, plus crafts, reviews, parenting and home hacks, all with the same dash of realism and humour that you get here. So do take a look around and let me know what you think!

Hope to see you in a few seconds over on the Sock!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this this recipe. I had made this few hours ago. and my family would become my cooking's fan. Thanks again.
    -Slow Cooker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only just found this site, the recipes look great. It's sad that you are having to go but family comes first. Will the blog still bge available so we can still grab the recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipes will absolutely still be available so please grab away. I do hope I can add a new one here and there. And thank you for understanding that family is the most important thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant blog. Witty, interesting and very moreish. Have dusted off my slow cooker and am writing shopping lists as I type. Well not quite. I can't do both at once - oh hell, you know what I mean.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Charlotte. I really am hoping to get back to this blog in the autumn and have lots of fun recipes which I've tried out over the summer but need to wait until I am no longer vastly pregnant (40+ weeks, urgh!) and have got through the crazy newborn stage! Happy cooking in the mean time - don't miss out on Apricot chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do I see tomato on that pic? Should I use them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's possible but I didn't use any. I think it's more likely a carrot but I didn't take this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite often the Greeks add peppers to this dish and also top it with feta cheese, although quite a few restaurants have started to use cheddar or similiar cheese. I've had both and they're equally good!
    Going to try this recipe at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, stop it! You'r making me salivate. Feta sounds better than cheddar though. More of a contrast, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - do you think this would work with a leg of veal?

    ReplyDelete