Monday, April 9, 2012

Slow cooker Cuban Roast chicken recipe

No, don't worry. You've not got a bad link. This great recipe is moments away, right here

I'm gradually transferring all my Blighty recipes to a new blog called The Errant Sock. As well as slow cooker recipes, you'll get lots of other conventional recipes with lots designed to avoid common allergens, plus crafts, reviews, parenting and home hacks, all with the same dash of realism and humour that you get here. So do take a look around and let me know what you think!

Hope to see you in a few seconds over on the Sock!

4 comments:

  1. You've sold it to me! Just one question: does the stuffing go into the cavity of the bird? Not under the loose skin at the neck end? I tried stuffing a roast chicken that way a few weeks ago and, even though that's the method I remember my mother using when I was a child, I couldn't face eating the stuffing that emerged: it was an unappealing brown colour... Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs d W!
    We did stuff the cavity as there's otherwise much too much rice left over. The rice does come out a golden brown colour but that's as much to do with the paprika and the sausages and sherry etc as the chicken so we didn't mind.
    Do comment once you've tried this to say how it came out!
    GEM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.
    I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come
    back later on. I want to encourage you continue your great writing,
    have a nice holiday weekend!
    Here is my webpage : diets that work fast for women

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's very generous of you. I hope you enjoy the chicken!

      Delete