Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yummy Apricot Chicken - the slow cooker way

Oh my! We are going to be cooking this again VERY soon and it was super easy! Unfortunately, I have no photo because it looked and smelled so darn good, I completely forgot to get my camera out. Don't let the lack of photo stop you cooking this. It would be a sorely lacking life if you never tried this.

My husband teased me when I put it together and said it was basically chicken and jam. Turns out he likes chicken and jam quite a lot!

This is an anglicised version of the Apricot chicken on Crockpot Lady's wonderful Blog "A Year of Slow-cooking"

Ingredients for 4:

250g of apricot preserve (I think that's just a posh name for jam but feel free to correct me on that - I bought apricot conserve obediently)
1 large onion, chopped finely
1 tbsp grainy mustard
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
6 chicken thighs, 3 leg portions or similar quantities of body parts

Directions:

Pop the chicken in your slow cooker. Mix everything else in a bowl and tip onto the chicken, Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. (Then, if you're me, put it on low while you remember to cook rice). Check for doneness. It  may need another half hour.

Serve with rice and fried courgettes and swoon with the yumminess of it all.

Verdict:

Just after I'd finished my portion our lodger who was eating with me left the room for a moment. While she was gone, I licked my bowl clean. 'Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment